This is a letter that we just mailed out to all we have a correct address for. Please feel free to pass it along.
To all of our family and friends,
Haiti has been a wonderful experience for us. We have learned so much in the last 20 months. We have made some wonderful friends. We have learned what can be done and what can not be done in Haiti (or a least scratched the surface of that one). We have continued to work on learning the language Creole. We have enjoyed Haiti and the ministry in whom the Lord has had us partake while we were here.
There have also been tough times. We have learned that there are some to whom you can minister without greater expectations and some that will always expect more. We have made mistakes along the way, but we pray we have learned from those mistakes. We have experienced things that we never would have experienced in our lives, had we not come to Haiti. We have learned ways to minister, and we have watched God open some doors, as well as close other doors.
God has been and will continue to be faithful through it all. We have watched God provide in ways that we never thought possible. We have watched God use each of you to minister to us in our time of need. We have seen people come to the Lord. We have seen people grow in the Lord, and we have seen people wait on the Lord. We are excited about what the Lord is doing in Haiti and in our lives.
We have been praying and seeking the Lord for the direction He would have us go in ministry. We have and are watching to see where God is opening doors for ministry. This is what we have observed.
- God moved us to Haiti. He opened the door for us to work in Arcahaie and we have continued to work with the children's program and Thursday afternoon Bible Study. Both of these experiences have been good.
- God moved us to Haiti. We have been learning the ministries here with Global Outreach Haiti in TiTanyen. We have learned more than we could imagine or repay. It has been a tremendous blessing. From well-drilling/repair, clinic, construction, bookkeeping, managing teams and projects, general maintenance (like generator operations and water collection), receiving and distributing supplies, building relationships, and ministering with the local schools and churches; all of these ministries are a blessing here in Haiti and we have enjoyed being a part of them.
- God moved us to Haiti and now we believe He wants us to return to the States. We would like to further our education and ministries. We don't know if we will ever live full-time in Haiti again, but if it is His will, we would love to return often to minister on a short- term basis. We believe that Kevin is being led in the pastoral direction. Susan is feeling led to return to school to receive training in becoming a Nurse Practitioner in the area of Family Nursing and Midwifery. We believe that both of these moves would enhance the ministry the Lord has for our family here in Haiti and around the world.
The next step.
We were planning on returning to the States at the end of April 2011 for our annual trip back on furlough. We desire to stay that same course, but instead of returning to Haiti we would stay Stateside. We would like to ship our household goods back to the United States. We will wait on the Lord for direction on a place to pastor and Susan would apply and enroll in school for Fall 2011.
We need your help.
- As always, we need your prayers.
- We need financial donations that would help us transition back to the States. This would include shipping costs, airline costs, transportation costs for the first month back, and other unforeseen expenses that arise while moving a family from one country to the next.
- We are asking that you continue to send in your monthly financial donations, at least through the end of June. This will prevent us from being stranded in Haiti. If you desire to continue after that-we are planning future trips back to Haiti as the Lord allows.
We love you and thank you for your support. Please stay in touch. We will continue our blog for a bit and we would like to continue to update each of you through quarterly or semi-annual newsletters from our family. If you desire to be removed from our mailing list, please contact us.
In Christ we serve,
Kevin, Susan, Skyla, Kali, Jessica, and Josiah Bruns