AS WE ATTEMPT OUR HAND AT BLOGGING, BEAR WITH US...
WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY IS MINIMAL, BUT WE DESIRE TO SHARE WHAT THE LORD IS DOING IN AND AROUND US.

WE ARE:
KEVIN, SUSAN, SKYLA, KALI, JESSICA, AND JOSIAH BRUNS

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Small Boy - Yet Such a Huge Impact

....I answered the phone about the same time I noticed Kevin's brake lights at the right hand side of the road. I hit my brakes and slowed way down. I heard Kevin's voice on the phone say something like, "a little boy was just hit in front of us, do you want to do something?"

My first reaction is YES, but God gave me the courage to say, "we can not, we are not allowed to stop and help, we have to keep going." As I sit hear typing that, the tears just flow from my eyes. It hurt more than you can imagine. You see we don't live in the United States of America. Things are different here. Crowds get angry at the site of a hurt one on the side of a road and things become dangerous. Riots can break out and more people can be injured. So we kept going.

I told the group in my vehicle that we were unable to stop, but we could pray. So, Nickie led us in prayer for the boy and for the situation at hand.

As I looked over to the side of the road, I saw a little boy who looked to be about six. He was lying motionless on the side of the road. The crowd was gathering. No one was going near the small boy and many had began running down the side of the road to catch the car that hit the boy. I saw machetes in hand, I heard yelling, and up in front of us I saw the car had pulled over next to where the police sit. He had traveled to where the police were to pull over for his safety. I saw the police hold up their hands to keep the crowd from gathering too close to the vehicle. My heart continued to break...

As many mentioned, there was no 911 to call. There was no ambulance on the way. There was really no place to take the boy if he even had a breath of life left in him. It didn't appear that life was still with that little boy. I believe he was in the arms of our Creator the moment that vehicle hit him. My heart broke for the family and friends of that little one and my heart hurt for the one who hit him. My heart continues to ache for them all.

What has God shown me through this? Let me continue to process this and I will get back with you....

No comments:

Post a Comment