AS WE ATTEMPT OUR HAND AT BLOGGING, BEAR WITH US...
WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY IS MINIMAL, BUT WE DESIRE TO SHARE WHAT THE LORD IS DOING IN AND AROUND US.

WE ARE:
KEVIN, SUSAN, SKYLA, KALI, JESSICA, AND JOSIAH BRUNS

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Coffee Shop

As I look back at this past week, I am glad that it is behind us.

Monday went well. Judy Heady and her son and daughter-in-law arrive along with Leigha - our children's teacher.

Tuesday I (Susan) was a little cranky - you know what I mean - nothing outward, just things not settling inside. I think you all have been there at some point or another.

Wednesday all was going well. Clinic went smooth. I stayed at the clinic till around 11:30 a.m. packaging medication for later use. Then I headed to the house to see how the children and Leigha were doing with school. I wasn't feeling very well and it just escalated from there. I was suppose to go in and help out at a clinic in town on Thursday and that didn't happen. I slept most of the day on Thursday. Low grade fever and some intestinal issues - yuck.

Friday came quickly and I woke feeling much better. I headed for the clinic as usual around 7:30 a.m. I do look forward to going to clinic each morning. Now I don't always love getting up and getting ready to go, but I do love getting there and ministering.

Clinic reminds me of old men. Stay with me and see where this goes...We ask all of our patients to come at 7:30 a.m. each day. We have been treating 5 men that each had serious burns to the arms, face, and head. Four of those men were burned in the earthquake and the other was burned in December from an automobile fire. Now we have many other patients, but these men stand out. We have been treating them for about 6 weeks now. We have come to know them. I look forward to seeing each of them on their scheduled morning to be at clinic.

Sheryl (the RN I work with) and I have noticed that most of the men are coming a bit later each morning. I commented to Sheryl one morning, "It reminds me of old men meeting at the coffee shop each morning." There is something to be said about the coffee shop meetings that older men usually partake in. Think about it...each of them look forward to coming and seeing each other, they look forward to catching up with how the families are doing and how the healing process is going. Each day is a little more hopeful in the treatment & pain management process of healing and they each have things in common to talk about.

As I sit and type this and think through it, I am reminded that the above scenario is what the Lord wants with us. Communication is the key to building thriving friendships. Think about it. Those people that you are closest with - the people that know you the best - are the ones you come in contact with on a regular basis. Jesus wants us to 'come in contact' with Him on a regular basis.

Don't wait till your old to hang out with family and friends. Build those relationships while you are still able to enjoy them. Many things get in the way - I am sooo guilty of that. Make a change today - spend more time with our Creator and more time with people. Make a difference in some one's life today.

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    I'm sooooo glad you started blogging! Now I can keep up with you better. I hope you don't mind, but I linked yur blog through mine so we can share the news!

    Kevin and Willis left this morning to come and help. They (and we) as so excited to be able to do anything to help you!

    We continue to pray for you daily. Chuck and I are praying about making a trip there with New Work later in the year.
    Blessings,
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete