AS WE ATTEMPT OUR HAND AT BLOGGING, BEAR WITH US...
WHAT WE HAVE TO SAY IS MINIMAL, BUT WE DESIRE TO SHARE WHAT THE LORD IS DOING IN AND AROUND US.

WE ARE:
KEVIN, SUSAN, SKYLA, KALI, JESSICA, AND JOSIAH BRUNS

Monday, February 15, 2010

Every day is a great day with the Lord.

Well, let's see...where do I start. As many of you know, we have four children. Skyla is 13, Kali is 12, Jessica is 11, and Josiah is 9. We have home schooled them for the last year and a half in preparation for coming to Haiti and while we have been here in Haiti. Homeschooling is not my gift. The Lord has carried us through and for that I am thankful. I don't believe that I have ruined them thus far.

We have been praying for a missionary teacher to come and school the children since we got to Haiti. Now, it hasn't been a necessity and it hasn't been fervent prayer. We were actually seeking His direction in the matter. Does He want us to teach the children or does He want to send a teacher? Now as parents, I know we are suppose to "train up a (our) child (ren)." Our questions were involving school. Since the earthquake, many things have changed. Our time has been pulled in many new directions.

The Lord has sent a teacher here to help. She arrived about 20 minutes ago. PTL! Her name is Leigha. I ask that you keep Leigha in your prayers as she adjusts, and we adjust, to her being here. She will only be here for two to three months, but none-the-less it will take some adjusting. Also, keep her family in your prayers - her mother, father, and siblings. I am sure it will be a change for them also.

Thank you for your prayers. I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment